Frequently Asked Questions – South District Division I Super Regional
Hosted By Kingwood Men’s Lacrosse
Stadium name and address?
George Turner Stadium
1700 Wilson Road
Humble, TX 77338
Are there facility restrictions?
- Pets are prohibited. Working dogs (handicapped aide) are permitted.
- The use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is prohibited on all …….property.
- Food or colored beverages are NOT allowed on the turf.
Are there hotels available?
Yes – Here is a list of Hotels to Contact:
Hotels in Kingwood - approximately 7 miles to Turner Stadium
Homewood Suites Kingwood
23320 US59, Kingwood, TX 77339
281 358 5566
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Kingwood
22675 US59, Kingwood, TX 77339
281 359 2700
Candlewood Suites Kingwood
291 Kingwood Medical Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339
281 713 8989
La Quinta Inn and Suites Kingwood
22790 US59, Kingwood, TX 77339
281 359 6611
Will there be practice fields available?
- Yes- there will be practice fields available. Teams will have access to a warm-up field with goals – it will be located behind the southeast corner of the Stadium. See the Map attached. This is a secure area for your teams.
Will there be a team check-in procedure?
- Yes. Upon arrival, teams will check-in at the Team Entrance and a host will guide teams to their locker room.
- 9 Field Passes (4 Coaches allowed in the box, 1 Team Trainer, 1 Equipment Manager, 2 Table), 1 Team Photographer/Videographer Field Pass (This person needs to be identified prior to the event and should not be vocal during the game. This person will also have a designated area on the field- NOT ON TEAM SIDELINE).
- Each team will receive 2 press box passes for a filmer and assistant – no other personnel will be allowed in the press box.
- Limits on sideline access are to be adhered to and entry will be through the designated entry gate.
- High seed is Home team and wears white jerseys. Home teams will occupy the bench to the right of the table.
- Water will be provided on your sidelines. Each team is responsible for providing its own water bottles and having a person available to handle bottle refills during the game. THSLL we will keep the water cooler full.
What is the locker room procedure?
- There will be designated locker room in the Field House for meeting, dressing, etc. before, during, and postgame. Hosts will show teams where to go.
Are home and visitor site administrators required?
- Site Administrators are not needed or allowed on the field since host will handle security. We do ask that the fans and teams behave accordingly.
- The official scorebook and penalty time will be kept at the sidelines by tournament-provided personnel. Each team may have a single team book-keeper and a single spotter allowed at the table.
Will there be bus parking?
- Yes, there will designated Bus parking. There will be directional signage and event staff to identify area.
How much will it cost to get in?
- Ticket Costs:
- Adults/Students - $15 for 2 day pass, $10/per day
- Seniors/Children Ages 6-1 - $10 for a 2 day pass, $7/per day
- Children 5 and under- Free
Will there be a program available?
Are credit cards accepted?
- Cash only for admittance
- No Checks or Credit Cards will be accepted
Will I be allowed to take pictures or film during the games?
- Each team will be given ONE sideline pass to be used by your Team Photographer or Videographer. This pass will be distributed to the team at check-in. The designated team photographer will be allowed on the fan side sideline five yards from the sideline and not beyond goal-line extended. All other photographers may take pictures from the stands, but please be aware that standing at the front railing affects the view of those that are seated behind you. The field of play will not be accessible after the final games for personal photos. The teams will be encouraged to move off the fields where they will be accessible for family photos.
- For Game Filmer – Please see bullet points under team check in
Who should I contact for a Media Pass?
- Media passes are restricted to actual media representatives and are not intended for use by commercial photographers. Agreement not to resell photographs taken under the use of a Media Pass will be required.
- Please email Jeremy Platt @
should you wish to obtain a media pass.
Will there be pictures for sale?
What happens if there is inclement weather?
- Stadium has an all-weather surface and games will not be called on account of weather bring rain gear. Umbrellas are not appropriate in the stands due to inconvenience of those seated behind you. The tournament will observe NCAA lightning Policy which requires suspension of activities when less that 30 second flash-to-bang occurs. Activities will be suspended for 30 minutes beyond the last 30 second flash-to-bang. Games may be delayed and played at night if lightning is encountered. Any changes to the posted schedule will be posted to THSLL as soon as possible.
Will there be Concessions and food vendors at the tournament?
- Yes, there will be full concessions, as well as food vendors, during our activities. There are also several restaurants near the stadium.
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed into the stadium
Will there be other activities?
What do I do about personal emergencies?
In case of any emergency, please contact:
Nancy Powers: 214-384-4047
On-site first-aid: A trainer is available for all teams. Teams may bring their own if they prefer.